Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Listening to the Vampires

I hate to suggest this, but I think this suggestion is a good one:

I think it would behoove us to sign up for e-mail updates for Boxer and Feinstein, not only to keep abreast of what they are telling their supporters, but also to find out when they will be in town for us to go and either get into the townhall meeting or whatever forum into which they appear, or to demonstrate outside the venue to show that they're not universally loved and that the 'other' voters of their state WILL be heard and will try to vote them out, if possible.

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup

http://boxer.enews.senate.gov/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=profile

I did it, and misery loves company...

Jackie Speier must have one too. I'll post it when I find it.

wtp

3 comments:

  1. Cathy in Half Moon BayJuly 30, 2009 at 7:27 AM

    I received the following email from Boxer last week after emailing her to stop support of the health care reform bill. Sent the same to Feinstein and Eshoo but received no response.

    Dear Friend:

    I need your help.

    Making sure America’s families have access to affordable, quality health care is a complex challenge, but one we simply cannot afford to ignore any longer.

    The status quo is unsustainable:

    46 million Americans have no health insurance.

    The U.S. spends more than twice as much on health care per person than most other industrialized nations, yet we rank 29th out of 30 industrialized nations on infant mortality.

    Employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have more than doubled in the last nine years.

    And, a recent study found that, if we do nothing, families in many states, including California, will have to spend 40% or more of their pre-tax income on health insurance through their employer.

    The time for action is now.

    As I work with my Senate colleagues to craft healthcare reform legislation, I ask you to help me by sharing your stories and experiences - both good and bad - with our healthcare system.

    Please go to http://boxer.senate.gov/features/healthcare/submit.cfm to share your stories with me.

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Sincerely,

    Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy in Half Moon BayJuly 31, 2009 at 7:18 AM

    Congresswoman Eshoo responded to my Stop Support of Health Care Reform email. I just sent her another one and will continue to do so on a weekly basis. These people have got to get the message. If I have to make a nuisance of myself - so be it. :~)
    I won't post her response - too wordy and full of misinformation. She does ask that her constituents let her know how they feel. You can do so by copy/pasting the following URL into your browser:
    https://forms.house.gov/eshoo/webforms/issue_subscribe.htm

    Let's make them hear us folks!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! We need to overwhelm them the way they've overwhelmed us with their outrageous, huge, unread and un-American legislation!

    Good one, Cathy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete