Friday, October 16, 2009

"Cadillac* Health Care Plans" - Whats About to Happen

*Translation: "The Type We All Have"

I Just got off the telephone with the office of Senator Max Baucus, the Chairman of the Finance Committee who is ramming through the new health care bill. I called his office about some questions that I had regarding the so called "CADILLAC HEALTH CARE PLANS" costing over $8,000 that would taxed under the Senators bill.

When I called, a young woman answered the phone and I told her that I had some questions about the Cadillac Health Care plans. I explained that I was a small business owner, and in spite of the fact that I was not a big company, I did provide health care coverage for all of my employees. Each of us in the company has exactly the same plan. Because of my age, which is 60, my plan costs over $1,000 a month and the same plan for my younger employees run about $250 to $300 per month. I asked her if my plan would be taxed as a Cadillac plan and that those of the younger people would not. She said that she did not have the answer and would connect me to a Health Care Staffer.

I was connected to a young man who explained he was a Health Care Staffer. I repeated the same story to him. He explained that yes... because my plan cost over $8,000 per year it would be taxed and the same plan for the younger employees would not be. I responded with... Then it has nothing to do with the quality of the plan, the tax is simply based on the price of the plan. He answered yes, that's how it works. I tried to explain that the costs of health care plans are increased as the recipient ages and does he understand that? He did quite seem to get that.... He just repeated that if it cost more than $8,000 per year it would be taxed.

I tried to explain to this young man that at my age I could not get any plan that would cost me less that $8,000 per year, so what the health care bill was doing, is taxing every older American who has any kind of health car plan at all, regardless of whether or not is a "CADILLAC" type of plan, or the simplest HMO. His response was.... That had not occurred to us, but yes.

This is why this bill MUST BE KILLED, please contact any politician you know with your outrage on this hidden tax on all older Americans. Does anyone wonder why Americans are outraged at what our government is doing to older Americans.

Call your Congressman & Senator and demand they reject this "health care"

This is from my realtor in Southern California - Leonard Stone

2 comments: