Monday, December 28, 2009

What do you mean I can't Google it???

Well, at least I'm not insane.

I thought I had lost all my internet skills...in the week and a half I've been preparing for Christmas, and mostly out of touch (except for those regular FAXES to legislators against Ă˜bamacare, of course).

I've been searching unsuccessfully for a San Mateo County Precinct Map...without a single hit...no matter how I worded the search.

Finally, I broke down and called the registrar's office.And now I know why I can't find the information.

You have to DRIVE to the office. FILL OUT forms. PAY $20. And then they will provide the map.

County information is unavailable unless you show up in person and BUY it.

Unbelievable.

It annoys me beyond all reason. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I'm just too used to instant (and free) gratification of my informational needs. But doesn't this seem oddly archaic?

Goddamned gubmint.

Sooooo...I have to get out of my pajamas, take a shower, drive to San Mateo, and spend $20 to get the damned thing.

I ask you, what is the world coming to?

wtp

No comments:

Post a Comment